To market, to market

20120204-130838.jpg

I took myself down to the bustling Queen Vic Market yesterday morning, for supplies for Luke’s birthday dinner.

20120204-130950.jpg
These ginormous pumpkins were not purchased.

20120204-131035.jpg
Neither were any doughnuts.

I did, however treat myself to a custard and chocolate brioche and a cappuccino. Delish way to start the day.

20120204-131203.jpg

I whipped up Luke’s birthday dinner, a gluten-free chicken parmigiana, complete with chips and salad. I used polenta and crushed rice bubbles for the crispy schnitzelness.

20120205-124457.jpg

I am a 95% vegetarian these days, with seafood or fish usually filling the other 5%, it was quite a challenge to cook chicken for the first time in seven years! It certainly was delicious though, knowing I’d bought ethical organic and biodynamic chicken helped.

20120205-123834.jpg

We’ll call that success!

Advertisements
Tagged ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: